2022 Chidley Performance Festival
2022 St Hilda’s Chidley Music Performance Festival Rules and Information
- Students must be having instrumental lessons on the instrument they are entering. (Either within St Hilda’s or externally).
- It is expected that all students learning an instrument will enter the festival.
- Students can only enter the festival once on each instrument they learn.
- The maximum time limit for any piece is 5 minutes.
- If you require an accompanist, one will be provided by St Hildas. Students will have one rehearsal prior to the performance.
- All entries must be completed in full, including uploading music or backing tracks.
- Students will be awarded either an outstanding, very good, or highly commended, and receive House points according to this grading.
- The House that accumulates the most points over the festival will be awarded the Junior School Performance Trophy.
- Students will be given feedback on their presentation (bowing and announcing etc), intonation and rhythm, and musicality (dynamics and phrasing).
- Entries close 3pm on Friday 5 August. No late entries will be accepted.