School Houses

School Houses

As part of a dynamic pastoral care structure, the School operates a House system. Each family - granddaughters, daughters, sisters and cousins - is allocated to one House, thus there is fierce House loyalty.

Solid friendships are often formed at School and within Houses. Girls are separated into tutorial groups by their House, with 2 tutorial groups per House per Year. These groups consist of approximately 14 to 19 girls, and each has a teacher from the School acting as a Tutor. Tutorial groups meet every morning before classes for 15 minutes and for 1 period a week.

Leadership opportunities arise for students in Year 6 in the Junior School and Year 12 in the Senior School.

The first Houses were established in the 1930s by Miss Catherine Small, with De Grey being added in 1954 and are all named after Western Australian rivers:

Blackwood.jpg
Blackwood (Blue)
DeGrey.jpg
De Grey (Yellow)
Fitzroy.jpg
Fitzroy (Red)
Gascoyne.jpg
Gascoyne (Green)