Australian Army Cadets
In it’s fourth year, St Hilda’s is offering Australian Army Cadets as a Year 9 - 12 cocurricular option in 2021. Australian Army Cadets is a youth development organisation that aims to develop skills in decision-making, leadership, planning, public speaking, resilience and working in a team environment. St Hilda’s is the only private girls’ school in WA to offer Army Cadets.
Students committed to the Cadet program will be required to participate in:
- Friday Parade (Bay View Campus) 3.30pm – 5.30pm – Terms 1-4
- T1 – Recruit Weekend (AAF Base Gin Gin) 20 – 22 Feb 21
- T2 – Field Exercise (Bindoon Military Training Area) 19 - 21 Jun 21
- T2 – SNCO (Senior Non-Commissioned Officer) Course (Location TBC) 3 – 11 Jul 21
- T3 – Field Exercise (Bindoon Military Training Area) 14 - 16 Aug 21
- T3 - AFX – 8 day training exercise with all WA Cadet Units (Bindoon and Northam Training Areas) 25 SEP - 2 OCT 21. (TBC 8 or 9 day training exercise)
- T4 - Ceremonial Parade 29 Oct 21
- T4 – Recruitment Parade 5 Nov 21
- T4 - Principal’s Dining-In Night: 26 Nov 21
- T4 - Junior Leader’s Course (CCGS OQD Lines) 2 – 4 Dec 21 *optional
Cadets are permitted to wear their Cadet uniform during the school day on Fridays. AAC Standards of Dress are outlined in the School diary. Cadets are provided uniforms and equipment by Australian Army Cadets, however, there will be some small incidental uniform requirements that will be available from the School Shop. SHASCU t-shirts can be purchased online at the subsidised amount of by clicking here.
The annual $400 cocurricular fee is available to pay via online form.
Please direct all queries to Lieutenant Angie Ranson