Australian Army Cadets
In its third year, St Hilda’s is offering Australian Army Cadets as a Year 9 - 12 cocurricular option in 2020. Australian Army Cadets is a youth development organisation that aims to develop skills in decision-making, leadership, planning, public speaking, resilience and working in a team environment. St Hilda’s is the only private girls’ school in WA to offer Army Cadets.
* The AAC program has currently suspended all cadet activities external to the school due to COVID-19 restrictions. Friday Parades are still occurring at the Bay View campus. *
Students committed to the Cadet program will be required to participate in:
- Friday Parade (Bay View Campus) 3.30pm – 5.30pm – Terms 1-3
- T1 – Recruit Weekend (Northam Training Area) 22 – 24 Feb 20
- T2 – Field Exercise (Northam Training Area) 20-22 Jun 20 (Suspended until further notice)
- T3 – Field Exercise (Bindoon Training Area) 8 - 10 Aug 20 (Suspended until further notice)
- AFX – 8 day training exercise with all WA Cadet Units (Bindoon and Northam Training Areas) 28 Sep - 5 Oct 20. (Suspended until further notice)
Cadets are permitted to wear their Cadet uniform during the school day on Fridays. AAC Standards of Dress are outlined in the school diary. Cadets are provided uniforms and equipment by Australian Army Cadets, however, there will be some small incidental uniform requirements that will be available from the School Shop. SHASCU t-shirts can be purchased online at the subsidised amount of $35 by clicking here.
The annual $400 cocurricular fee is available to pay via online form.
Please direct all queries to Captain Diana Gibbons.