St Hilda’s provides students with a safe and enthusiastic learning environment in which they can explore movement. All students are encouraged to become involved and to fulfil their potential. They are encouraged to take part in interhouse, interschool, club and state competitions.
Through sport, St Hilda’s provides an holistic approach to education and aims to:
- Develop the student’s mind, body and soul through participation in sport
- Promote a healthy, active lifestyle by providing all students with the opportunity to participate in physical activity
- Develop students’ skill levels in a range of sports
- Encourage students to achieve their personal best in physical activity
- Develop self awareness and identity through participation in sport
- Develop a sense of fair play and sportsmanship through cooperative group behaviour
- Provide opportunities for social interaction, personal development and leadership
- Encourage students to demonstrate initiative and acceptance of responsibility
Students participate in a range of interschool sports learning from our elite coaches who are outstanding athletes in their fields.
In Senior School our sports are organised as follows:
|TERM 1||TERM 2||TERM 3||TERM 4|
|Volleyball||Netball||Soccer||Sculling (Year 8s only)|
Click here for 2019 Sport Handbook
Click here for the 2019 Swimming handbook
Click here for the 2019 Rowing Handbook
We also provide an extensive fitness program involving circuit training, Pilates, Zumba, Running Club and Swim for Fitness.