St Hilda’s provides students with a safe and enthusiastic learning environment in which they can explore movement. All students are encouraged to become involved and to fulfil their potential. They are encouraged to take part in interhouse, interschool, club and state competitions.
Through sport, St Hilda’s provides an holistic approach to education and aims to:
- Develop the student’s mind, body and soul through participation in sport
- Promote a healthy, active lifestyle by providing all students with the opportunity to participate in physical activity
- Develop students’ skill levels in a range of sports
- Encourage students to achieve their personal best in physical activity
- Develop self awareness and identity through participation in sport
- Develop a sense of fair play and sportsmanship through cooperative group behaviour
- Provide opportunities for social interaction, personal development and leadership
- Encourage students to demonstrate initiative and acceptance of responsibility
Students participate in a range of interschool sports learning from our elite coaches who are outstanding athletes in their fields.
In Senior School our sports are organised as follows:
|TERM 1||TERM 2||TERM 3||TERM 4|
|Volleyball||Netball||Soccer||Sculling (Year 8s only)|
2020 Sport Awards
The annual Sports Assembly will be taking place in Term 4 on Friday 16 October, Week 1.
This sports assembly acknowledges the contribution and achievements of sporting students at St Hilda’s and at State and National levels. Whilst this event seems a long way off, we encourage all girls to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Please note, the closing date for all application forms is Friday 28 August 2020
If your daughter would like to be acknowledged for their outstanding sporting achievements, please click on the relevant award link
For all enquiries please contact Kobie McGurk - Head of Sport
We also provide an extensive fitness program involving circuit training, Pilates, Zumba, Running Club and Swim for Fitness.