St Hilda’s understands the pressures on busy professionals and offers an extended-hours program which makes it easy for Junior School parents to combine careers and quality parenting.
Our Extend-ED program is available mornings and afternoons in conjunction with our highly regarded school program. We can care for your child at our Chidley Campus from 7:00am to 6:00pm. Located at our Early Learning Centre, Extend-ED is available for children from Junior Kindergarten to Year 6 during term time and students from Kindergarten to Year 6 during the holidays. It combines first-class care with educational activities which are designed and staffed by St Hilda’s Early Childhood specialists and qualified Education Assistants. Included in our fees, students enjoy a light, nutritious breakfast in the morning and afternoon tea is provided for children who stay after school.
Casual Rates from Term 1, 2020
|Full Day Rate (pupil-free days)||$90|
New Information Relating to Child Care Regulations
St Hilda’s Extend-ED proudly offers education and care arrangements for children and their families. This service requires the school to adhere to regulations imposed by an external body. The Education and Care Regulatory Unit puts in place significant policies and procedures to ensure children are diligently cared for and are in a program that is age appropriate
New standards set by the Education and Care Regulatory Unit (ECRU) has specified new requirements. Outside of School Hours Care providers must now care for students in Junior Kindergarten in a separate program to students of school age (Pre Primary to Year 6). To ensure the younger children have the opportunity to make connections with different age groups, our Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten children will spend their time in the middle classroom of the Early Learning Centre building. Students from Pre Primary will operate out of the multi-purpose area.
As we welcome families back to Extend-ED please ensure that you update your enrolment. All enrolments must be re-signed for 2020 for your child to be eligible to attend care. Please do this by going into Extend-ED at drop off or pick-up from the service.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Trish Jakovich email@example.com
We cater for male and female students Kindergarten to Year 6. Students below the Kindergarten year can no longer attend our St Hilda's Holiday program.
Children outside the St Hilda’s community are welcome to attend.
Vacation programs are run independently of Extend-ED in the school holidays and on pupil free days. Please note charges apply.
Three session options are available:
7am - 12.30pm @ $50
12.30pm - 6pm @ $50
7am - 6pm @ $90
Enrolment and Bookings
You must be registered with KidsXap to book sessions. Please contact Trish Jakovich at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Charges apply unless 24-hour notice is given.
Extend-ED and the Holiday Programs will run during term time and on the dates stipulated below. At all other times, the service is closed.
2020 Program Dates
Term 1 Pupil Free Day - Extend-ED Available 7am to 6pm
Friday 28 April
Term 1 Holiday Program
Tuesday 14 April
Wednesday 15 April
Thursday 16 April
Friday 17 April
ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Child Care Benefits
St Hilda’s is a registered carer. Child care benefits may be available to families, depending on individual circumstances. Please contact the Family Assistance Office on 13 61 50.
More about Extend-ED
- Students may bring casual play clothes for after school.
- Parents should inform their class teacher if their child is attending Extend-ED.
- All Extend-ED students must report to the Extend-ED Centre, located in the Early Learning Centre, when they arrive before school begins and in the afternoon as soon as class is finished.
- Extend-ED students must be collected from the Extend-ED Centre. Students will be released only into the care of an adult who has been nominated on the enrolment form.
- Parents should inform Extend-ED if an enrolled student will not be attending on a scheduled day by email to email@example.com
- Extend-ED students will be provided with a light, nutritious breakfast and afternoon tea.
- Extend-ED students may attend various clubs and activities in the afternoons. A detailed program will be available for the academic year.
Late Collection of Students from School and Extend-ED
- Students who are not collected at the close of school will be taken to Extend-ED and normal rates will apply.
- A penalty fee of $10 per 5 minutes will be imposed for Extend-ED students who are not collected by 6pm.