Philanthropic Scholarship Year 7, 2020
Monday 6 May
A generous benefactor has granted a Year 7-12 Day student scholarship, commencing in Year 7, 2020, to be called the ‘St Hilda’s Scholarship’.
The key criteria is that the student should be an academically gifted girl with leadership potential.
- It is not a requirement that the recipient sits an Academic test, however the candidate would require School reports and a Principal’s recommendation to support her application.
- This Scholarship will be subject to Means testing as it is expected that the recipient would not be able (financially) to fund a St Hilda’s education without the generosity of a scholarship.
- An interview with the Principal is a key part of the application process for those girls short listed.
- Students currently enrolled at St Hilda’s are not eligible to apply
Parents or guardians are required to write a letter of request and include evidence of financial need, including the submission of a Statutory Declaration of family income and assets and two previous years’ taxation returns. In addition, applicants are required to submit:
- a reference from their current School Principal
- previous two school reports and
- Year 5 NAPLAN assessment.
- A cover letter briefly outlining the applicant’s achievements and the reasons for her application
- St Hilda’s Enrolment Registration Form (only if the applicant is not yet registered or enrolled at the School, no application fee payable).
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
Application deadline – 10 June, 5:00pm
Interviews – Week commencing 24 June 2019
Offer – Week commencing 5 July 2019
For more information, contact Kate Parker, Director of Communications & Engagement 9285 4100